11/15/10

Traditional Rice Krispy Treats


Ok, I know that Halloween is a few days back but I absolutely have to post this recipe. First because I actually used some adorable cookie cutters that I had to show you all. Second, I bought the generic rice krispies and when it came time to make these sweet little treats, there was no recipe on the box! Isn't that standard? Well not for the generic brands, only for the Kellogg's brand. SO I'm posting this for those of you (and me) who are trying to cut corners by purchasing the "better buy" but still want the yummy recipe.


Traditional Rice Krispy Treats

3 tablespoons of Margarine (if you want the gooey texture use margarine, if you want a more crispy texture, use butter)
1 bag of regular marshmallows or 4 cups of miniature marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies

1. In a medium saucepan (or a big microwaveable bowl) melt butter.
2. Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
3. Add Rice Krispies and stir until the cereal is all coated.
4. Pour into a greased 9X13" pan (or a jelly roll pan if you are using cookie cutters).
5. Let stand for 15 minutes.
6. Enjoy and good luck stopping at just one. ;o)

(Here are the cute little cutters that I used..I LOVE them!)

mail.jpg

2 Click For Comments:

You're right, I always assumed that the recipe was always on the bag! One trick that an old roommate taught me was to add 1/2 tsp of vanilla to the melted marshmallows right before adding the cereal. Mmmm. I love the cute shapes you've used. I think I've found another use for my Christmas cookie cutters.

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover