11/11/10

Rosemary Pumpkin Crescent Rolls


My sister and I were roommates for a year and a half before she got married and I have many fond memories of that time. A lot of those memories have to do with food because we both enjoy cooking and trying new recipes. We had this little pumpkin crescent roll recipe that we made countless times when we were living together. They were so fast to make, they were soft and tasty and neither of us could get enough of them. This is that same recipe, but I decided to mix things up a little while ago and tried some fresh rosemary in it. I wasn't sure if an old favorite could get any better, but it did.


Rosemary Pumpkin Crescent Rolls

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 tsp fresh rosemary minced (or 1/2-3/4 tsp dried rosemary)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1 1/2 T brown sugar

1. Heat oven to 400. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, rosemary and salt.

2. In a small mixing bowl combine the pumpkin, oil and brown sugar. Add pumpkin mixture to dry mixture, stirring with a fork (or mixing with your hands if you don't mind getting messy like that.) until combined. Form into a ball.

3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough gently for 10 to 12 strokes. Divide dough in half. Roll each half to a 10-inch circle. Cut each circle into 8 wedges. To shape, begin at the wide end of each wedge and loosely roll toward the point. Place point sides down, about 2 inches apart, on the prepared baking sheet. Curve ends of rolls slightly.

4. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.

Make-Ahead Tip
These rolls don't keep very well, so if you don't have time to make them the day you plan to serve them, prepare, bake, and cool rolls ahead of time. Freeze in a freezer container or bag up to 1 month. Wrap frozen rolls in foil and thaw at room temperature for 2 hours; reheat in a 375 degree F. oven for 3 to 5 minutes.

Recipe source: adapted from Better Homes and Gardens

4 Click For Comments:

Genius! I will make these soon. I was just thinking about how we were so excited that they weren't eaten at the pot luck because they are such an odd color. We had all of them left for us to eat when we got home.

That's right! I had forgotten about that. Apparantly orange rolls don't go over well at a pot luck, but we did make good use of them at home. :)

ok so I'm going to make these with dinner tomorrow night (I'm feeding the missionaries) but how much pumpkin goes into them?

Oh my goodness, I didn't put that in when I typed up the recipe! Thanks for catching that, Trisha. I've edited the recipe so it should be correct now. Sorry!

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover