9/9/10

Heavenly Refried Beans



I know the title leaves you wondering if it's true that you could really find Refried beans that taste like heaven without adding a pound of straight up lard?!? Well folks I tried this recipe about two years ago and I will NOT serve a mexican meal without having this on my table. The secret: Cream Cheese! Well I thought it was just me and my husband that really enjoyed it- until we were visiting my family in Utah and they actually requested that I make this. So here's the deal--it's the easiest thing you'll ever make and once you read how it's made, you'll never have to refer to the actual recipe again b/c it's just THAT easy--BUT I've had people ask for the recipe, so I figured I'd just post it and let you go for it!


Heavenly Refried Beans

1 can of your favorite Refried Beans (Here in MN I get the Referido Zesty Salsa)
4 ounces Cream Cheese (You can cut down calories and use the 1/3 less fat but DO NOT use fat free--trust me!!)
2 tablespoons Scallions, chopped (for sprinkling on top)
Cheddar Cheese--(for sprinkling on top)
2 tablespoons tomatoes, diced (for sprinkling on top)

1. Combine the refried beans and cream cheese in a medium saucepan (or a microwaveable bowl if you choose to nuke it)
2. Warm up until the cheese and the beans are smooth and hot (do NOT bring to a glumpy boil)
3. Pour in a bowl and garnish with scallions, cheese and tomatoes.
4. Serve by itself or with chips.

0 Click For Comments:

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover