8/27/10

Baker's Square Corn Bread



Ok I confess: I am a total corn bread snob. I don't like corn bread too sweet, too non-sweet, too dry, too crumbly, too mushy etc. etc. etc. When we moved to New York I remember my mom coming home and telling us she had a new corn bread recipe to try, and that one of her friends got it from Baker's Square. I know!! Now, just as a disclaimer, who knows if it really is the recipe from Baker's Square, but it's the most delicious corn bread recipe that you'll ever try. Yes--better than the little corn bread muffins at Red Lobster OR Famous Daves. It's a little sweet, and super moist without being too mushy. So I pass this on to you! Oh and it's the easiest recipe ever so I'm not putting step by step pictures--just the final outcome.

Baker's Square Corn Bread

1 cup Butter, melted
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 cup Buttermilk
1 cup milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
2 cups Corn Meal
2 cups All Purpose Flour

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Melt your butter and combine it with the sugar, mix well. Add the buttermilk, milk and eggs and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and add them to the wet ingredients. Combine and pour into a greased 9X13 pan. Bake 35 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the corn bread has cracks in it.

2 Click For Comments:

Trisha, you read my mind. I've been wanting you to post this recipe because I keep meaning to ask you for it. I remember it being so moist and flavorful.

This is amazing- If you like Baker's Square you will love this t's even better

Post a Comment

 
Pin It button on image hover